CHICAGO — The Democratic primary race for governor is still nearly a year away, but candidates for the nomination are already scouring the state for support, including a handful of planned appearances on the city's Northwest Side during June.
So far, the declared Democratic candidates for governor include:
• Ald. Ameya Pawar (47th)
• Entrepreneur and former Merchandise Mart president Chris Kennedy
• State Sen. Daniel Biss (D-Evanston)
• Venture capitalist and billionaire philanthropist J.B. Pritzker
• Downstate school superintendent Bob Daiber
The candidates are scheduled to make the following appearances on the Northwest Side this month:
• 39th and 45th Ward Democrats, along with the Northwest Side Huddle, will host Pritzker at 7 p.m. Monday at Filament Theatre, 4041 N. Milwaukee Ave.
• Pritzker will speak to members of the West Portage Park Neighbors Association at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at O.A. Thorp Academy, 6024 W. Warwick Ave.
• Pawar will be hosted by Heneghan at 10 a.m. Saturday at Edgebrook Public Library, 5331 W. Devon Ave.
• Pritzker will be hosted by Heneghan at 7 p.m. on June 19 at Taft High School, 6530 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.