MORGAN PARK — Chicago police found a woman dead Saturday night in Morgan Park after she inhaled carbon monoxide.
Linda Russell, 62, died after inhaling fumes caused by a generator being operated in an enclosed space, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office, which ruled the death an accident.
Approx. 2130- Level I Haz-Mat-11300 Block of S. Church. High CO. Adult F found DOA, adult F 'red' to Metro South, adult M 'yellow' to LCM.— Chicago Fire Media (@CFDMedia) June 4, 2017
Russell lived in a first-floor apartment in the 11300 block of South Church Street, according to police, who found her unresponsive upon arriving at 9:12 p.m.
She was taken to Holy Cross Hospital in Chicago Lawn, where she was pronounced dead at 9:48 p.m., police said.
Two others were also sickened by the fumes. A woman was taken to MetroSouth Hospital in suburban Blue Island, and a man was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, according to the Chicago Fire Department.
Detectives were conducting a death investigation.