CHICAGO — Shootings over Mother's Day weekend killed six people and wounded 17, police said.
Three people have been killed and two wounded in shootings since Sunday.
• At 2:43 p.m. Sunday, an 18-year-old man was killed in a shooting in Englewood.
• At 2:01 p.m., a 19-year-old man was shot dead in Roseland.
• At 12:13 p.m., a 44-year-old man was gunned down in Woodlawn.
In non-fatal shootings:
• At 1:35 p.m. Sunday, officers responded to a call of a shooting in Washington Park. The officers went to the 6200 block of South King Drive, where a woman said her boyfriend, who was 19-22 years old, had his left side grazed by a bullet.
The man was uncooperative and he and his girlfriend would not provide officers with any information, police said. The man refused medical treatment and he and his girlfriend fled.
• At 11:54 a.m., a 28-year-old man was shot in Riverdale, police said. The man was walking in the 13100 block of South Ingleside Avenue when he heard shots and felt pain.
The man was hit in his left leg and was taken to Advocate Christ MEdical Center, where his condition was not available but he was listed as "stable," police said.
The man was a documented gang member, a police source said.