EDGEWATER — Registration is now open for Edgewater's massive community-wide yard sale.
More than 200 households are expected to take part in the 23rd annual Edgewater Yard Sale, sponsored by the landmark pink Edgewater Beach Apartments, Malibu East Condominiums and seven of the neighborhood's active block clubs.
The event will run from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 3 and include locations between Foster and Devon Avenues, Clark Street and Sheridan Road.
Participants can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29 and paying a $10 seller fee.
Supplemental events include a petting zoo from 1-3 p.m. at the Chicago Friends School, 5944 N. Magnolia Ave, which will also be holding a bake sale that will benefit The Night Ministry. A parade on Winthrop Avenue between Thorndale and Ardmore avenues kicks off at 2 p.m. and will end with a performance at the historic Colvin House.
In addition to individual garages and lawns, five group sites will be available for those without a place to sell: Barr Funeral Home parking lot, 1228 W. Granville Ave.; parking lot at 6040 N. Winthrop Ave.; Church of Atonement, 5749 N. Kenmore Ave.; Swift Elementary School at 5900 N. Winthrop Ave. and Epworth United Methodist Church, 5253 N. Kenmore Ave.
Businesses along North Broadway at Devon, Granville, Thorndale, Bryn Mawr and Berwyn will also take part by holding sidewalk sales.
Free parking will be available at St. Andrews Greek Orthodox Church at the corner of Hollywood Avenue and Sheridan Road, as well as the Chicago Fire Department station at 6030 N. Clark St.
Nonprofits who will have tables at this year's sale include:
• Berger Park Advisory Council, 6205 N. Sheridan Road
• Care for Real, 1262 W. Elmdale Ave.
• Chicago Friends School, 5944 Magnolia Ave.
• Chicago Police Department Rogers Park District CAPS program, 1234 W. Elmdale Ave.
• EPIC Block Club, 1238 W. Elmdale Ave.
• Families Together Cooperative Nursery School, 1500 W. Elmdale Ave.
• Granville United Methodist Church, 1307 W. Granville Ave.
• Immanuel Lutheran Church, 1500 W. Elmdale Ave.
• Pivot Arts, 5900 N. Winthrop Ave.