CHICAGO — Police are seeking suspects after at least 10 minivans were stolen on the South Side this month.
In a community alert released Monday, police urged residents to keep car doors locked at all times, ensure windows and sunroofs are closed before getting out of a vehicle, park in well-lit areas and install a tracking system, if possible.
Vans were stolen:
• About 7 a.m. March 3 in the 8100 block of South South Chicago Avenue
• About 2 p.m. March 6 in the 8000 block of South Muskegon Avenue
• About 10 p.m. March 7 in the 10100 block of South Yates Avenue.
• About 2 p.m. March 7 in the 8700 block of South Kimbark Avenue
• About 8 p.m. Thursday in the 8200 block of South Luella Avenue
• About 8 p.m. Thursday in the 8300 block of South Dante Avenue
• About 10 p.m. Thursday in the 8400 block of South Luella Avenue
• About 11 p.m. Thursday in the 8200 block of South Ridgeland Avenue
• About 11 p.m. Thursday in the 8100 block of South Saginaw Avenue
• Shortly after midnight Friday in the 3200 block of East 91st Street
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8273.