EDGEBROOK — No one was hurt in a fire that left two Edgebrook businesses seriously damaged Sunday evening, according to Chicago Fire Department officials.
The blaze began shortly before 8:30 p.m. at The Elephant Thai Cuisine, 5348 W. Devon Ave., and spread next door to the Aqua Salon before it was put out, according to Cmdr. Curtis Hudson, a Fire Department spokesman.
Investigators said they believe the blaze started in the restaurant's grease chute, Hudson said.
The fire was a "devastating blow" to the owners of the small businesses, according to a Facebook post from the Sauganash Chamber of Commerce.
The fire rendered the restaurant "temporarily closed until further notice," owners announced via Facebook.
The fire remains under investigation, Hudson said.