ARCHER HEIGHTS — Police are looking for a man who has robbed several restaurants on the South Side at gunpoint, according to Deering District detectives.
Police said the crimes took place:
• At 8:40 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 5400 block of South Kedzie Avenue.
• At 9:30 p.m. Dec. 27 in the 2500 block of West 51st Street.
• At 10:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 5400 block of South Kedzie Avenue.
The robber is a Hispanic man, between ages 30-40, standing between 5-foot-4 and 5-foot-7 with black hair, missing or dirty teeth and a possible scar on his lip, police said.
Here’s what Chicago Police say you can do to stay safe:
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Report all suspicious activity.
• If you are confronted by a robber, stay calm.
• Remember the robber’s physical characteristics, such as scars, acne, crooked teeth or a limp.
• Never chase a fleeing robber.
• Request contact information from witnesses.
• After a crime, dial 9-1-1, and — if possible — remain on scene until police arrive.
Anyone with information about the recent robberies should call detectives at 312-747-8382.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here.