BEVERLY — A lone burglar continues to target businesses in the Morgan Park Police District, smashing windows — mostly at restaurants — in order to get inside, according to an alert from police issued Wednesday.
The Chicago Police Department first notified residents Oct. 18 of the burglar who steals money from cash registers after using a rock to smash windows and break into the businesses. He's mostly targeted restaurants on 103rd and 95th Streets, police said.
A photo of the suspect was released after the most recent string of burglaries. The burglar is described as a black man between 25-35 years old. He wears sunglasses, a black hooded sweatshirt, black sweatpants and white gym shoes. He also carries a bag, according to police.
The incidents occurred:
• Between 9 p.m.-midnight Oct. 5 in the 10200 block of South Vincennes Ave. in Washington Heights
• Between 10 p.m. Oct. 5-8 a.m. Oct. 6 in the 1400 block of West 103rd Street in Beverly
• At 11:13 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 800 block of West 103rd Street in Washington Heights
• At 4:20 a.m. Oct. 13 in the 2100 block of West 95th Street in Beverly
• At 10 p.m. Oct. 16 in the 10400 block of South Kedzie Avenue in Mount Greenwood
• At 12:28 a.m. Oct. 23 in the 10300 block of South Kedzie Avenue in Mount Greenwood
• At 2 a.m. Oct. 25 in the 9500 block of South Halsted Street in Washington Heights
• At 2:36 a.m. Sunday in the 9500 block of South Halsted Street in Washington Heights
• At 1:47 a.m. Wednesday in the 9900 block of South Western Avenue in Beverly
• At 1:54 a.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of West 95th Street in Beverly
Police recommend businesses have a working alarm system and keep a few lights on after hours. Anyone with more information about the burglary spree is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8273.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here.