CHICAGO — The 606 trail has been hit by five armed robberies in about a month, police said.
The robberies have taken place during the evening or at night at various points along the trail, which is patrolled by Chicago Police.
The robberies occurred at:
• 9:45 p.m. Sept. 19 in the 2800 block of West Bloomingdale
• 8:15 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 3300 block of West Bloomingdale
• 5:45 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 2500 block of West Bloomingdale
• 11:25 p.m. Saturday in the 3200 block of West Bloomingdale
• 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 2800 block of West Bloomingdale
The thieves have been described as two to three white Hispanic boys or men ages 16 to 21, 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-10 and 150 to 160 pounds, police said. Someone wore a red cap and beige button-down shirt or a white hooded sweatshirt, and someone wore gray pants, police said.
In one instance, the robber was described as a 5-foot-8, 140-pound, 18-year-old black man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black sweatpants, police said.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 312-744-8263.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here.