BEVERLY — A burglar is throwing rocks through the windows of businesses near 103rd Street and elsewhere before stealing from them, according to the Chicago Police Department.
Police in the Morgan Park District issued a community alert after five such incidents this month. In all of the burglaries, money and other valuables are stolen from the businesses after the windows are broken.
The incidents occurred:
• Between 9 p.m.-midnight Oct. 5 in the 10200 block of South Vincennes Ave. in Washington Heights
• Between 10 p.m. Oct. 5 and 8 a.m. Oct. 6 in the 1400 block of West 103rd Street in Beverly
• At 11:13 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 800 block of West 103rd Street in Washington Heights
• At 4:20 a.m. Oct. 13 in the 2100 block of West 95th Street in Beverly
• At 10 p.m. Oct. 16 in the 10400 block of South Kedzie Avenue in Mount Greenwood
The burglar is described as a black man between 25-35 years old. He is about 6-foot-1 and weighs about 200 pounds. He wore a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants, according to police.
Police recommend businesses have a working alarm system and keep a few lights on after hours. Anyone with more information is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8273.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here.