THE LOOP — There's now a place where gourmet dumplings and old-school hip hop will mix.
Call it a "wrapper's delight."
The first-ever Dumpling Fest will run from noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 15 at AceBounce Ping Pong Bar, 230 N. Clark St.
And local chefs from at least 14 different restaurants will twist together their best recipes to jams from the likes of De La Soul, Biz Markie and Tone Loc.
"I love eating dumplings, I have since I was a kid, and the other thing I loved as a kid was 90's hip hop," Seth Zurer, co-founder of the event, said. "'Wrappers Delight' also made for a pretty sweet pun."
Admission costs $50, which will include all dumpling samples, three Goose Island beers, and a cocktail from Logan Square hotspot Lost Lake. Proceeds will benefit the Greater Chicago Food Depository, which will also run a food drive at the event.
Though the event is called Dumpling Fest, it will also include pierogies, ravioli and similar doughy treats.
Tickets can be bought online by visiting dumplingfest.com. Here are the participating chefs:
• 1901 at AceBounce — Rick Gresh (Host Chef)
• Animale / Osteria Langhe — Cameron Grant
• Lost Lake — Paul McGee & Peter Coenen
• Saigon Sisters — Kevin Marquardt
• Shanghai Terrace at the Peninsula — Elmo Han
• Pork & Mindy's — Jeff Mauro
• freestyle food & drink — Geordan Stenson
• Bread & Wine — Matt Bryks
• Wow Bao
• Lockwood Restaurant & Bar — Mathew Wiltzius
• Troquet River North — Tim Davidson
• Maddy's Dumpling House — Chrissy Camba
• Jordan's Food of Distinction — Jordan Spritz
• State & Lake Chicago — Kevin Atkinson
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: