UPTOWN — A fire damaged several Uptown businesses Sunday afternoon.
The fire began around 2 p.m. in the kitchen of Nhu Lan, at 4810 N. Sheridan Road, said owner Lee Tran.
The fire was contained and there was no serious damage. No injuries were reported, according to the Chicago Fire Department.
Police had no information about the incident.
Monday afternoon, H&R Block and KFC — neighbors of Nhu Lan in the strip mall in the 4800 block of North Sheridan Road — were boarded up and closed. The Currency Exchange nest door ran three big fans and left their door open to ventilate their building.
A sign on Nhu Lan read: "Sorry. We're temporarily closed due to an accident... We will be open soon."
Tran said the front of the restaurant suffered from smoke and water damage, but the fire was mostly contained in the kitchen.
The restaurant hopes to reopen in the next 6-8 weeks, but didn't want to make any promises until the insurance company looked at the damage.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: