CHICAGO — The Cubs' bats were as cold as the chilly New York weather as the Mets prevailed 4-1 in Game 2 of the National League Championship Series on Sunday night.
The Mets grabbed a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series heading into Tuesday's Game 3 at Wrigley Field.
The Cubs were mostly shut down by Mets starter Noah Syndergaard, who had nine strikeouts and allowed just three hits. They fared no better against New York's bullpen.
The Mets scored three runs off Cubs starter Jake Arrieta in the first inning, including a two-run homer from Daniel Murphy.
Here is the schedule for the rest of the series:
• Game 3 in Chicago: Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 7:07 p.m. on TBS
• Game 4 in Chicago: Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 7:07 p.m. on TBS
• Game 5* in Chicago: Thursday, Oct. 22 at 7:07 p.m. on TBS
• Game 6* in New York: Saturday, Oct. 24 at 3:07 p.m. on TBS
• Game 7* in New York: Sunday, Oct. 25 at 7:07 p.m. on TBS
The Cubs and Wrigley Field are 95 percent owned by a trust established for the benefit of the family of Joe Ricketts, owner and CEO of DNAinfo.com. Joe Ricketts has no direct involvement in the management of the iconic team.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: