ROGERS PARK — Rain or shine, there are tons of things planned for this weekend in Rogers Park.
Whether you're in heavy-duty T.C.B (taking care of business) mode or just looking to relax and soak in some neighborhoody-goodness, there's something out there for you this weekend.
• Talk Rogers Park With Ald. Joe Moore: From 6:30-9 a.m., come to L.A. Fitness at the Gateway Centre to talk about the ward with Ald. Joe Moore (49th) and staff who can assist with city service requests and other concerns throughout the neighborhood. Have a complaint or need a repair? Just make sure to bring an exact address.
• Enjoy World Music At Mayne Stage: The World Music Festival is kicking off Friday with Orlando Julius And The AfroSoundz at the Mayne Stage, 1328 W. Morse Ave. The event is a whopping $0.00, so anyone and everyone can enjoy the "highly melodic incorporation of soul, pop, and funk" radiating from the stage. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the show starts at 9 p.m.
• Miss the First Ward Tour? There's Another: Same deal as Friday, but this time from 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. at Devon Market, 1440 W. Devon Ave.
• Sip On Fall-Inspired Cocktails: Rogers Park Social, 6920 N. Glenwood Ave., is officially offering autumn-themed blended spirits this week. Sip on an array of spiced drinks inspired by — what some would say is — the best season of the year.
• Get a Lesson From an Origami Master: Pick up a new skill Saturday at the Rogers Park Library, 6907 N. Clark St., where Origami Master Robert Smith will show you how to do quilt and tapestry paper folds, as well as how to construct beautiful paper cranes. Space is limited, so make sure to call ahead at 312-744-0156.
• Get Discount Pet Services In The Park: It’s a responsible pet owner party and everyone is invited. If your dog or cat has a current rabies shot and city license (no worries, you can buy one there), then head over to Pottawatomie Dog Park, 7340 N. Rogers Ave., from 12-4 p.m. because you’re eligible for: $7 for DA2PPL and FVRP vaccinations, $15 micro-chipping and $5 dog registration for neutered dogs ($50 if not neutered). And remember, keep those babies close: All cats must be in a carrier, and all dogs must be either in a carrier or leashed. Cash only.
• Shop the Local Farmers Market: At the Glenwood Sunday Market, families can peruse local flora and produce at Rogers Park's favorite farmers market every Sunday between 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Glenwood Avenue between Morse and Lunt. Check out a large selection of pastries (including gluten-free choices), fruits, veggies, jellies, jams and more.
• Sign Up for a U.S. Passport: Need a passport and/or a passport photo? Look no further than the Northtown Passport Fair at 3401 W. Devon Ave. Sunday between 9 a.m.-3 p.m. You'll need proof of U.S. citizenship and photo identification — and kids will need parental consent as well as proof of parental relationship, like a birth certificate. Next step: Go on a vacation.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: