DALEY PLAZA — Along with rain and fog, another telltale sign of spring is coming soon to Chicago: farmers markets.
The Downtown season kicks off at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Daley Plaza, 50 W. Washington St., with dozens of vendors peddling their produce and other wares. The flagship market in the Loop will continue to run from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Thursday until Oct. 29.
The full list of farmers market schedules throughout Chicago can be found on the city's website. Here's more detail on farmers markets running this summer Downtown:
• Federal Plaza (Adams and Dearborn streets): 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays from May 19 to Oct. 27.
• Division and Dearborn streets: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays from May 16 to Oct. 31.
• Willis Tower, 233 S. Wacker Drive: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursdays from June 25 to Oct. 29.
• Printers Row (Polk and Dearborn streets): 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays from June 20 to Oct. 24.
• Green City Market (Halsted Street and Fulton Market): 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays from June 6 to Oct. 31.
• Inaugural SOAR Farmers Market at Museum of Contemporary Art (220 E. Chicago Ave.): 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesdays from June 2 to Oct. 27.
• Inaugural South Loop Farmers Market at Michigan Avenue and Cullerton Street: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursdays from June 25 to Oct. 8.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: