LAKEVIEW — Fifteen restaurants will take over Southport Avenue this weekend for the second annual Lakeview Taco Fest.
From noon-10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, taco fans can sample everything from tequila shrimp tacos to Portobello and lemongrass-tofu varieties.
Guests will able to vote for "Chicago's Best Taco," and try any of a dozen seasonal beers on tap. Entertainment will include performances from 10,000 Maniacs and local Mexican wrestlers.
There's a $5 suggested donation, which would benefit the Lakeview Chamber of Commerce.
The 2014 Lakeview Taco Fest Menu:
• Café El Tapatio, 3400 N. Ashland Ave.
Pulled short rib, grilled Portobello, rubbed shrimp
• Café Tola, 3612 N. Southport Ave.
Beef, lamb, chicken, pork, veggie
• Crosby's Kitchen, 3455 N. Southport Ave.
Pulled pork, rotisserie chicken
• Deleece Restaurant, 3747 N. Southport Ave.
Ahi tuna, steak
• D.S. Tequila Company, 3352 N. Halsted St.
Coffee-rubbed steak, smoked chicken, tequila shrimp
• Flaco's Tacos, 3530 N. Clark St. and other locations
Ancho-spiced chicken, grilled rib-eye steak
• Garifuna Flava, 2518 W. 63rd St.
• Mystic Celt, 3443 N. Southport Ave.
Al pastor, grilled cactus, fried catfish, steak
• New England Seafood Company, 3341 N. Lincoln Ave.
Fish and lobster tacos
• Newport Bar & Grill, 1344 W. Newport Ave.
Cajun steak, pulled pork, Soycacha chicken
• The Pony, 1636 W. Belmont Ave.
Duck, smoked pork, smoked beef
• Si Fu Chinese-Latin Kitchen, 2116 W. Roscoe St.
Carnitas and lemongrass tofu
• Taco Joint, 1969 N. Halsted St. and other locations
Chicken, pork, beef
• Tacos Nietos, 2863 E. 95th St.
Braised beef, pastor, lengua, asada
• Toons Bar & Grill, 1964 N. Sheffield Ave.
Pulled pork with Korean slaw; smoked chicken with Alabama white BBQ sauce
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: