CHICAGO — The CTA plans to add more weekend buses and trains to accommodate the Air and Water Show crowd.
The show runs 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Longer trains will run on the Blue, Brown, Orange and Green lines from 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Skip street traffic by taking the Red Line to its Chicago/State or Clark/Division stops and walking to Oak Street Beach.
• Travelers can take the Pink, Orange and Green lines to State/Lake and transfer to the Red Line.
• Service between the Brown Line's Kimball and Western stops will be suspended over the weekend. Shuttles will be running, but the CTA advised riders to add 15-20 minutes to their estimated travel time if they were planning to travel between these stops.
• More frequent service will be provided on the No. 72 North Avenue and No. 151 Sheridan routes. No. 72 North Avenue buses will only go as far east as North Avenue and Clark.
• If you're coming in from Union Station, Millennium Park Station, Ogilvie Transportation Station or the La Salle Street Metra station, you can take the No. 151 buses to Oak Street Beach and North Avenue Beach.
• The No. 145 Wilson/Michigan Express, No. 146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express and No. 147 Outer Drive Express bus routes will go to Michigan and Delaware.
• Buses on the No. 22 Clark, No. 36 Broadway, No. 73 Armitage and No. 151 Sheridan routes will be detoured 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday.
• Buses that run north and south on Clark Street will travel on La Salle between Division and La Salle. The No. 151 Sheridan route will move from Inner Lake Shore Drive to La Salle Street between North Avenue and Division. The No. 73 bus route will stop at Clark/Wisconsin and then turn to begin westbound service.
If you're driving:
• Inner Lake Shore Drive between Burton and La Salle, and La Salle between Lake Shore Drive and Stockton will be closed to traffic 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday.
• Also check out DNAinfo's street closure and parking restrictions guide for Lincoln Park.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: