LINCOLN PARK — North Side drivers be warned: Traffic during the Air & Water Show this weekend isn't going to be pretty.
The city has announced a series of anticipated street closures as well as parking restrictions that will be in effect throughout the show.
Anticipated closures include:
• LaSalle Drive from Clark Street to Lake Shore Drive
• Inner Lake Shore Drive from LaSalle to Burton Place
• North Avenue and Fullerton Avenue exits on North Lake Shore Drive
• Intersection of North and Clark
Parking restrictions include:
• North Avenue, north and south sides from Clark Street to Clybourn Avenue, north side from Clark to Astor Street
• LaSalle Drive, north and south sides from Burton Street to North Avenue
• Clark Street, east side from LaSalle to Wisconsin Street
Rehearsals are set to take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, with the show set to run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
It is possible the city may enact "rolling closures" of streets, according to an email from Ald. Michele Smith (43rd).
"Residents are encouraged to be cautious as they park their vehicles, or otherwise attempt to [navigate] the Lakefront this weekend," Smith said in the email.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: