ROGERS PARK — Jewel-Osco plans to host grand opening galas this week at its new Chicago stores in Rogers Park and Lincoln Park.
The grocery chain bought the stores in March from Safeway Inc., which shuttered all of its Dominick's stores last year.
The galas will be from 5-10 p.m. Tuesday at 424 W. Division St. and 1763 Howard St. and will be open to the public.
Jewel spokeswoman Allison Sperling said the stores will be "shoppable" during the galas and will officially open for business Wednesday morning.
In addition, Jewel will hold grand re-openings Wednesday at 14 other stores in the city and suburbs that have undergone renovations. City locations include:
• 1340 S. Canal St. in the South Loop
• 2550 N. Clybourn Ave. in Lincoln Park
• 4355 N. Sheridan Road in Uptown
• 5516 N. Clark St. in Andersonville
• 1341 N. Paulina St. in West Town
• 5343 North Broadway in Edgewater
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: