CHICAGO — Several parked cars were torched early Wednesday morning in Englewood and West Englewood, authorities said.
The Police Department counted at least 14 cars torched in the incidents, but its Bomb and Arson Unit continues to investigate the incidents, so the number could fluctuate.
The incidents, involving various types of cars, SUVs and one van, likely occurred between 1:30 a.m. to 7 a.m., according to the fire department.
Torched vehicles were found at the following locations:
• 6800 block of South Marshfield Avenue (two vehicles)
• 1400 block of West Marquette Street
• 7100 block of South Wood Street
• 7000 block of South Eggleston Avenue
• 7100 block of South Eggleston Avenue
• 6600 block of South Laflin Street
• 1700 block of West 71st Street
• 6700 block of South May Street
The locations of five other cars weren't immediately available.