CHICAGO — Three men were killed and at least 13 wounded in shootings Saturday night and Sunday.
The most recent fatal shooting happened about 11:30 a.m. Sunday, when a 41-year-old man was killed in the 9200 block of South Emerald Avenue in Brainerd.
Earlier Sunday, about 7:15 a.m., in Chatham, police found a 29-year-old man with a fatal gunshot wound in his head in the 900 block of East 81st Street.
In Austin, a 23-year-old man was shot to death during a fight on the sidewalk in the 400 block of North Leclaire Avenue about 3:15 a.m. Sunday.
And in River North, four men were wounded in a drive-by shooting in the 500 block of West Erie Street about 3:10 a.m. Sunday. Police said all four victims were self-admitted gang members, and the shooting could be gang-related. Police initially said one man had died, but on Sunday night said he was in critical condition at a North Side hospital.
In other shootings:
• Two men were shot about 11:20 a.m. Sunday in the 7300 block of South Oglesby Avenue in South Shore, police said. One man, 18, was shot in his leg, and taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where his condition had stabilized. The other man, 28, was shot in his back and taken to South Shore Hospital in serious condition.
• A 25-year-old man was shot in his right hand and buttocks just before 2 a.m. Sunday in Humboldt Park. The victim, who was treated at Stroger Hospital, was in the 3900 block of West Ohio Street when he "heard shots and felt pain," police said.
• A 17-year-old boy is in critical condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center after he was shot in his chest and abdomen in Chatham. The teen was walking in the 1100 block of East 87th Street when he "heard shots and felt pain" about 11:10 p.m. Saturday, police said.
• Three people were shot in South Chicago around 9:25 p.m. Saturday. The trio was walking in the 7900 block of South Merrill Avenue when two males in dark clothing began shooting, police said.
A 17-year-old boy was shot in his foot and taken to South Shore Hospital. Two others were treated at Stroger Hospital: a 17-year-old boy with a graze wound in his head, and a 21-year-old man who was shot in his right armpit.
• In New City, a 17-year-old boy was shot in his buttocks in the 5200 block of South Ashland Avenue about 8:15 p.m. Saturday, police said. The teen was treated at Stroger Hospital.
• Just before 7 p.m. Saturday, a 23-year-old man was shot in his leg in South Chicago. The victim was walking in the 8700 block of South Escanaba Avenue when someone inside a dark SUV began shooting, police said. The victim, whom cops called a documented gang member, was treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.