CHICAGO — Nine people were shot, one fatally, within five hours Wednesday.
Just after 9:30 p.m., 30-year-old rapper Mario Hess, commonly known as Big Glo or Blood Money, was shot to death in West Englewood.
Officers found Hess riddled with bullets on the sidewalk in the 5600 block of South Elizabeth Street, according to authorities. Another man was injured in the shooting: a 33-year-old who was taken to Stroger Hospital in unknown condition.
No one was in custody.
In other shootings:
• A 30-year-old was shot in the buttocks while standing on a front porch in Roseland about 9:25 p.m., said Officer Ron Gaines, a police spokesman. The victim was in the 10700 block of South Wentworth Avenue when someone across the street opened fire.
• In Chatham, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the foot in the 8200 block of South Ellis Avenue about 7:40 p.m., Gaines said. The teen was taken to Advocate Trinity Hospital in good condition.
• Ten minutes earlier, a 27-year-old man was shot in the thigh in Logan Square, Gaines said. The man drove himself to Saint Mary Hospital in unknown condition after the shooting, which happened in the 2500 block of West Homer Street about 7:30 p.m.
• Around 6:35 p.m., a 43-year-old woman was shot in the leg in the 8500 block of South Kingston Avenue in South Chicago, Gaines said. The woman was walking on the sidewalk when she "heard shots and felt pain." She was listed in good condition at Advocate Trinity Hospital.
• A 17-year-old boy is in critical condition after he was shot in the head in Marquette Park about 6:20 p.m., Gaines said. The boy was standing in the 6300 block of South Mozart Street when someone began shooting from a gangway.
The shooter drove off in a black car, and the teen was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition. Police believe the shooting was gang-related.
• A 20-year-old man was shot in the foot while standing in a barbecue restaurant in Ashburn about 5:50 p.m., Gaines said. The man was in the 8400 block of South Kedzie Avenue when someone fired shots through the window.
The victim was taken in good condition to Holy Cross Hospital.
• About 5:10 p.m., a 31-year-old man was grazed in the back in the 4800 block of West Fullerton Avenue in Belmont Cragin, Gaines said. The victim was treated at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center and released.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.