CHICAGO — A teenager is dead and six people wounded following citywide shootings Saturday night and Sunday.
Earlier in the weekend, a man was killed and 16 people wounded in shootings.
The most recent homicide was in Burnside, when 16-year-old Michael Flournoy was shot in his head Saturday night.
In non-fatal shootings:
• About 3:30 Sunday afternoon, a 20-year-old man was shot in the right leg in the 6200 block of King Drive, police said. He was taken to University of Chicago Hospitals, and later transferred to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition.
• A 27-year-old man was shot in the right shoulder about 12:45 Saturday afternoon in the 2600 block of West Wilcox Street, police said. He was taken in stable condition to Stroger Hospital, and no one is in custody.
• A 39-year-old man was shot in his knee after a party in Morgan Park about 2:30 a.m. Sunday, said Officer Janel Sedevic, a police spokeswoman.
The man was standing outside in the 1400 block of West 110th Street when he he heard shots and felt pain, police said. He was listed in "stable condition" at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• In Rogers Park, a 26-year-old man was shot in his hand and leg about 9:15 p.m. Saturday, Sedevic said. The man was walking in the 2000 block of West Birchwood Avenue when a gunman walked up and began shooting.
The attack was possibly gang-related, police said, and the victim was in "stable condition" at Saint Francis Hospital.
• About 8:50 p.m. Saturday, a 23-year-old man was shot during an attempted robbery after a dice game in Altgeld Gardens, Sedevic said.
Following the game in the 13100 block of South Ellis Avenue, one of the players pulled a gun and announced a robbery. A struggle ensued, and the victim was shot in his leg.
The shooter ran away, and the victim was taken to Roseland Community Hospital.
• A male was shot in his shoulder in Auburn Gresham about 7 p.m. Saturday, Sedevic said. The man was in the 8200 block of South Loomis Boulevard when a shooter in a black ski mask and black jacket walked out of a gangway and opened fire.
The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.