CHICAGO — Four people were displaced after a fire broke out in a Chatham home early Wednesday.
Firefighters were called to a single-story home in the 8300 block of South Maryland Avenue at 12:33 a.m. Wednesday, said Chief Juan Hernandez, a fire department spokesman.
The blaze was struck out by 1:05 a.m., but it had engulfed the home, displacing four residents on a night that saw temperatures hovering around zero degrees.
One person was taken to Jackson Park Hospital in good condition, Hernandez said. No other injuries were reported.