CHICAGO — One person was killed and at least seven wounded in shootings Sunday, and one man was stabbed to death.
Police are investigating a homicide in North Lawndale after cops found a man dead on the sidewalk in the 4300 block of West Cullerton Street about 7:30 a.m. The man, who did not have an ID on him, appeared to have been shot.
The man was later identified as 24-year-old Louis Berry, of the 3200 block of West Potomac Avenue. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 7:48 a.m. according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
No further information was immediately available.
On Sunday night, a man was fatally stabbed in South Deering.
In non-fatal shootings:
• Around 6:15 Sunday evening, a 34-year-old man was shot multiple times in the 300 block of North Hamlin Street, police said. He was shot in his right leg and left side of his abdomen, and took himself to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was in stable condition. The man told police he was sitting in a vehicle when a Pontiac Bonneville pulled alongside it, and a passenger fired several shots.
• A 54-year-old man was shot in his groin in Gage Park about 6:55 a.m. Sunday, according to Officer Jose Estrada, a police spokesman. The man claims someone shot him in the 5600 block of South Western Avenue.
The victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in "stable condition."
• Two people were shot during a drive-by in New City about 6 a.m. Sunday, Estrada said. The pair was in a car heading eastbound on West 47th Street when another car pulled up alongside the first.
Someone inside began shooting, striking the victims, police said. The victims tried to keep driving, but ultimately crashed in the 4700 block of South Throop Street.
A 23-year-old woman was shot in her hand and treated at Saint Bernard Hospital. A 36-year-old man was hit in his back and is listed in serious condition at Stroger Hospital.
• In Austin, a 36-year-old man was shot during a drive-by about 4:30 a.m., Estrada said. The man was sitting in a car in the 500 block of North Pine Avenue when a four-door brown sedan pulled up.
Someone inside began shooting, striking the victim in his left hip. He was taken in good condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• About 3:45 a.m. in Auburn Gresham, a 41-year-old man was shot in both his legs while standing in an alley in the 1500 block of West 79th Street, Estrada said. The man was listed in "stable condition."
• A 34-year-old man was grazed in his elbow in Roseland about 2:55 a.m. Sunday. The man was a passenger in a car in the 500 block of West 104th Street when someone opened fire. The victim was treated at MetroSouth Medical Center.
• In Douglas, a 23-year-old man was shot in his lower right leg about 12:25 a.m., Estrada said. The man was standing on the sidewalk in the 3600 block of South Rhodes Avenue when someone in a dark sedan opened fire.
The victim was listed in "stable condition" at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.