CHICAGO — One person was killed and at least six others wounded in shootings Saturday night and Sunday.
Just after 11 p.m. Saturday, an 18-year-old man was fatally shot in his head in South Chicago, said Officer Amina Greer, a police spokeswoman.
The teen had been standing in a first-floor hallway in the 2700 block of East 80th Street when a gunman walked up and opened fire.
Tyshon Anderson, 18, of the 8000 block of South Marquette Avenue, was rushed in critical condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead at 11:50 p.m. Saturday, authorities said.
No one was in custody.
In non-fatal shootings:
• A 41-year-old man was shot in his right forearm during an attempted robbery in South Shore early Sunday, Greer said. The man was near a back entrance of a building in the 7800 block of South South Shore Drive when an armed man approached about 2 a.m.
The gunman tried to rob the 41-year-old, police said, and shot him during a struggle that ensued. The victim was treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, and nothing was stolen.
• In Washington Heights, an 18-year-old man was shot during a drive-by about 12:45 a.m. Sunday, Greer said. The teen was walking in the 9600 block of South Peoria Street when a white pickup truck pulled up, and someone inside began shooting.
The teen was struck in the back of his thigh and treated at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• About 11:45 p.m. Saturday, a 17-year-old boy was shot in his left hand in South Shore, Greer said. The teen was standing with friends near the intersection of East 79th Street and South Marquette Avenue when a gunman approached.
During a fight that ensued, the teen was shot in his hand. A friend drove him to South Shore Hospital.
• A 21-year-old man was shot in his lower right leg in Washington Park about 10:35 p.m. Saturday, Greer said. The man was walking in the 5100 block of South Calumet Avenue when someone walked up and began shooting.
The victim was taken to Stroger Hospital.
• A 17-year-old boy is in serious condition at Jackson Park Hospital after he was shot in his abdomen about 7:50 p.m. Saturday, Greer said. The teen was standing with friends in the 7900 block of South Kenwood Avenue in Avalon Park when a white car pulled up and someone inside opened fire.
• About 6:45 p.m. Saturday, a 23-year-old man was shot in his lower left leg in Grand Boulevard. A friend drove the man to the University of Chicago Medical Center after the shooting, which occurred in the 4300 block of South Prairie Avenue.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.
Earlier Saturday, a 33-year-old man was shot in his lower back about 6:10 p.m.