The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Second Man Charged in Englewood Killing

By Emily Morris | September 26, 2013 8:16am
 Charles McKinney, 26, (l.) and Victor Willis, 22.
Charles McKinney, 26, (l.) and Victor Willis, 22.
View Full Caption
Chicago Police Department

CHICAGO — A second man was arrested for what police said was his role in the killing of a man in Englewood earlier this month.

Charles McKinney, 26, was charged with murder, police said Wednesday. He's allegedly one of the shooters who prosecutors said killed 25-year-old John Wallace after a fight over a girl turned ugly.

Victor Willis, 22, of the 5700 block of South Michigan Avenue, was also charged in the killing and ordered held without bail earlier this month.

McKinney and Willis got into an argument with a group of men in the 6400 block of South Morgan Street on Sept. 1 about a girl some of them knew, according to police and prosecutors.

McKinney and Willis left but returned about 11:30 p.m. and shot Wallace, police said.

Before he was shot, Wallace refused to tell his assailants where one of the men involved in the fight was, according to prosecutors.

Wallace was shot in the back and pronounced dead at 12:20 a.m. the next morning at Stroger Hospital, the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office said.

McKinney, of the 800 block of East 65th Street, was scheduled to appear in bond court Thursday.