CHICAGO — Police have issued a community alert warning of a series of recent burglaries and robberies in Ukrainian Village, East Village and Near West Side.
In the Ukrainian Village and East Village burglaries earlier this month, suspects took items from homes and garages, according to the alert. Descriptions of the suspects were not provided.
The locations and times of the burglaries, according to the alert:
• 800 block of North Winchester Avenue on Sept. 5 during the evening.
• 900 block of North Damen Avenue overnight Friday.
• 2400 block of West Haddon Avenue during the day Friday.
• 1000 block of North Wood Street during the day Friday.
• 800 block of North Wolcott Avenue, overnight Saturday.
Police asked anyone with information to call detectives at 312-747-8384.
In the Near West Side robberies, a man walked up to people and threatened to hurt them, implied he had a gun or showed them one, and then took things from them, according to the alert.
The locations of the robberies, all of which happened on Sept. 5, according to the alert:
• 1800 block of West Lake Street about 5:45 a.m.
• 1700 block of West Lake Street about 7:29 a.m.
• 100 block of North Ashland Avenue about 9:45 p.m.
The robber was described in the alert as a black man with black dreadlocks, 18 to 30 years old, 5-foot-8 to 6-foot-1 and weighing 150 to 180 pounds.
Police ask anyone with information about the robberies to call detectives at 312-747-8380.