CHICAGO — A suburban man has been charged in a drive-by shooting that sent an 18-year-old man to the hospital with bullet wounds in his calf and lower back earlier this month.
Raymond Martinez, 21, was charged with attempted murder and aggravated battery, authorities said.
Martinez was the gunman in an SUV who opened fire Aug. 15 on an 18-year-old man standing in the 4300 block of South Union Avenue, authorities said. The shooting sent the victim, an admitted gang member, to Stroger Hospital.
Martinez is being held on $900,000 bail, jail records show.