CHICAGO — Three people were killed and at least 10 others wounded in shootings Friday night through Saturday afternoon.
The most recent homicide occurred in Bronzeville about 6:15 p.m. Saturday, when two men were shot in the 2900 block of South State Street, said Officer Michael Sullivan, a police spokesman.
Ralph McNeal, 54, of the 5200 block of South Indiana Avenue, was struck in his body and pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital at 7:10 p.m. Saturday, authorities said. Another man, 26, was treated for a graze wound at Stroger.
About 4 a.m. Saturday, a 21-year-old man was fatally shot in his head and body in the 2400 block of East 79th Street in South Chicago, Sullivan said.
The victim was later identified as Jacoby Herron of the 7900 block of South Oglesby Avenue, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.
On Friday night, an 18-year-old man was killed in the 6800 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue in Woodlawn, said Officer Amina Greer, a police spokeswoman.
The teen — later identified as Kenneth Barbour of the 1600 block of East 85th Street — was struck in his stomach during an argument with another man about 8:10 p.m. Barbour was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital at 11:32 p.m. Friday.
In non-fatal shootings:
• A 16-year-old boy was critically injured when he was shot in the 7400 block of South Dorchester Avenue, police said. The boy was taken to Jackson Park Hospital after being shot in the stomach and back about 5 p.m. Saturday.
• Around 4:30 a.m. Saturday, a man walked into Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center after being shot in his thigh near Belmont and California avenues in Avondale, Sullivan said.
• About 12:30 p.m. Saturday, a man thought to be in his 20s was shot multiple times in the 1800 block of West 44th Street, said Officer Joshua Purkiss, a police spokesman. The victim was struck in his arm, legs and buttocks. He was taken in stable condition to Stroger Hospital, Purkiss said.
• About 2:30 a.m. Saturday, a 26-year-old woman was shot in her buttocks in the 1400 block of North Spaulding in Logan Square. She was in the back seat of a car passing through a big crowd when she got shot. The woman was taken to Norwegian Hospital in good condition, Sullivan said.
• Shortly before 2 a.m., an 18-year-old woman was shot in her foot in the 1700 block of East 71st Street in Woodlawn. She walked into Jackson Park Hospital where she was treated and released, said Sullivan.
• At 1:13 a.m., a 24-year-old woman was shot in her right arm in the 7400 block of North Rogers Avenue in Rogers Park. She was treated at Saint Francis Hospital.
• Two men were shot in the 5800 block of West Irving Park Road in Portage Park at 12:58 a.m. Saturday. A 21-year-old was hit in his leg and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital. A 22-year-old was grazed in his abdomen and refused medical treatment, Sullivan said.
• A 16-year-old boy was shot in his shoulder in the 3800 block of South Wentworth in Bronzeville around 10 p.m. Friday. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition, Greer said.