EDGEWATER — North Sheridan Road won't be the only street torn up this summer.
Six other sections of Edgewater roadways are scheduled to be resurfaced this week by the Chicago Department of Transportation, according to Ald. Harry Osterman's 48th Ward office.
The city will post signs on streets that will be milled, then resurfaced. Any necessary curb and sewer repairs will be made before resurfacing.
The alderman's office said in a statement that the projects take two to three weeks to complete.
There will be some parking restrictions, but most parking will be available after 4 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends, according to the office.
The following streets will be resurfaced:
- Magnolia Avenue - Rosemont to Devon avenues
- Rosemont Avenue - Sheridan Road to the lake
- Rosemont Avenue - North Broadway to Glenwood Avenue
- Glenwood Avenue - Glenlake to Granville avenues
- Greenview Avenue - Hood to Granville avenues
- Margate Terrace - Marine Drive to Buttercup Park