CHICAGO — A man suffered smoke inhalation in a small apartment fire in Uptown Thursday morning, police and Fire Department officials said.
Emergency personnel were called to the Wilson-Windsor Apartments complex in the 900 block of West Wilson Avenue about 3:10 a.m. according to Officer Jose Estrada, a police spokesman.
A 66-year-old man was taken to Weiss Memorial Hospital in critical condition for smoke inhalation, the Fire Department said. His condition was stabilized, Estrada said.
The fire was confined to the man's apartment and appeared be caused by burning food in the kitchen, Estrada said.
The Fire Department did not offer further details.