CHICAGO — Six people have been killed and at least 13 others wounded in shootings or stabbings across the city since Friday night, police said.
In Humboldt Park, a 22-year-old man was found lying in the sidewalk outside his family's home in the 1100 block of North Lawndale Avenue about 11:45 p.m. Friday, said Officer Amina Greer, a police spokeswoman.
The man, whom the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office identified as Tevin Kirkman, had a gunshot wound in the back of his head. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 12:20 a.m. Saturday. According to police, Kirkman had known gang affiliations.
Just before 2 a.m. Saturday, Gregory Dion, 29, was killed in his home in the 1400 block of East 52nd Street, authorities said.
Dion allegedly buzzed two men into his Hyde Park apartment building and left his front door open for them, Greer said. The men began shooting once they reached the apartment, striking Dion in the chest and back. He was pronounced dead at 1:48 a.m., and police believe he had gang affiliations.
In Austin, 17-year-old Leetema Daniels died after he and a friend were shot in the 400 block of North Central Avenue, authorities said.
When police responded to a call about shots fired in the area about 11 p.m. Friday, they found Daniels and an 18-year-old man lying on the ground.
Daniels, who had been shot in his head, was declared dead on the scene at 1:56 a.m. Saturday, according to the medical examiner's office. The 18-year-old companion was shot in his chest and treated at Mount Sinai Hospital, Greer said.
An 18-year-old man was fatally shot in the head Saturday night during an apparent drive-by in the 7300 block of South Dorchester Avenue, said Officer John Mirabelli, a police spokesman.
Fearro Denard, who lived on the same South Shore block where he was killed, was pronounced dead on the scene at 9:30 p.m., according to the medical examiner's office.
In River North, a 42-year-old man was killed during a shooting that allegedly stemmed from a traffic accident, Mirabelli said. The man, identified as Charles Jones, 42, of Miami, Fla. and a 44-year-old woman were driving in the 1000 block of North North Branch Street about 2:49 a.m. Sunday when the accident occurred.
Gunmen from another vehicle opened fire, Mirabelli said, striking the woman in her back and the man in his head. Both were rushed to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where the man — whose name is being withheld pending family notification — was pronounced dead at 3:33 a.m.
A 28-year-old man was fatally shot in his side about 2 a.m. Sunday in the 12100 block of South Indiana Avenue in West Pullman, Mirabelli said. The man, Malcolm Dobbey, later died at Advocate Christ Medical Center at 3:20 a.m.
In other shootings:
• A 27-year-old man was shot in his arm in the 1100 block of North Spaulding Avenue in Humboldt Park about 7:30 p.m. Friday, Greer said. He was taken to Norwegian American Hospital in good condition.
• A 17-year-old girl was shot in her hip in Greater Grand Crossing about 8:45 p.m. Friday, Greer said. The girl had been walking along the 600 block of East 75th Street with her boyfriend and two other friends when two men approached the group and opened fire.
The girl was taken to John H. Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
• In Greater Grand Crossing, an 18-year-old man was grazed in his right leg about 10:50 p.m. Friday, Greer said. The shooting occurred in the 7200 block of South Prairie Avenue, but no further information was available.
• Three men were struck early Saturday in a possible drive-by shooting in the 400 block of North Sacramento Boulevard, Greer said. The men were walking along the East Garfield Park street about 1:45 a.m. when someone in a red van began shooting.
An 18-year-old was shot in his buttocks and taken to John H. Stroger Hospital in stable condition, Greer said. A 21-year-old whose arm was grazed refused medical attention. And the third man — a 21-year-old who was hit in his buttocks and thigh — was treated at Stroger.
• In Logan Square, a 24-year-old man was shot in his face about 2:55 a.m. Saturday, Greer said. He had been driving in the 2300 block of North Ridgeway Avenue when someone fired at his vehicle. The car flipped over during the incident, but the man was listed in stable condition at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
• A 17-year-old boy was shot multiple times in his legs in the 6000 block of North Kenmore Avenue in Edgewater about 7:36 p.m. Saturday, Mirabelli said. The teen, who police said has gang affiliations, was chased on foot by two other teenagers, who fired several rounds. He was treated at Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston.
• Just after 8 p.m. Saturday, a 19-year-old man was shot in his right forearm in Back of the Yards, Mirabelli said. The teen was approached by a silver or grey car in the 700 block of West 50th Place. One of the occupants shot the victim, who was treated at Saint Bernard Hospital.
• Around 4 p.m. Sunday, during a domestic incident, a 34-year-old man was stabbed in the stomach near North and Monitor avenues in Austin, Officer Joshua Purkiss, a police spokesman, said. He was taken to Loyola Medical Center in Maywood in critical condition.
• At 5:54, medical crews responded to a shooting at 117th and Halsted streets, where two men were shot, fire officials said. One was taken in serious condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn; the other man was taken in good condition to Roseland Hospital.