A fire tore through a midtown apartment on Wednesday, terrifying residents and killing one pet rabbit.
Families crawled to safety when a fire erupted on the second floor of 718 St Marks Ave., witnesses said.
A fire broke out in a second-floor apartment on East 13th Street Wednesday afternoon.
Edward Albers was found inside 132 E. 16th St. Extension cords sparked the fire, officials said.
Part of folk singer Art Garfunkel's penthouse caught fire around lunch time on Thursday.
The fire erupted at 150-14 Jamaica Ave. on Monday afternoon.
A woman landed on a scaffold after jumping from the third floor of 128 Lewis Ave., the FDNY said.
The blaze broke out about 11:35 a.m. inside of 263 Prospect Park West, the FDNY said.
Owners at Colonia Verde plan to reopen the restaurant in two to three weeks.
Eight apartments evacuated onto 38th Street, where temperatures felt below zero, officials said.
The cold weather has made the firefighters' work difficult, officials said.
Fire officials reported the woman was in stable condition after fleeing the flames through her window.
The taxi was engulfed in fire at the corner of Seventh Avenue and West 58th Street.
There were no reported injuries from the blaze.
The NTSB's investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Get Our Daily Afternoon News Update Newsletter
Thank you for signing up!
Would you like to sign up for additional newsletters?
Thank you for signing up for additional newsletters.