- At least three years experience working in a digital newsroom.
- Excellent editing skills. Not only should you catch every typo, but you should also make clunky sentences sing and murky stories clear.
- Solid news judgment formed in the crucible of deadline pressure.
- A Twitter following (are you following us?) and an Instagram account (are you following us?).
- Experience working with reporters of various levels of skill and experience and turning them into heavy-hitters.
- Deep knowledge of New York City and how to find stories here.
Do NOT apply if:
- You think "over" and "more than" are interchangeable.
- You think a three-sentence lede is totally cool.
- You've never cracked open your AP Style Guide or Strunk & White.
- You think Strunk & White is a law firm.
If you think you're a match and want to join the most talented and exciting news team in New York, send your resume, clips and other relevant material to email@example.com.