Lindsay Lohan Hit-and-Run Charges Dropped

By Irene Plagianos on October 23, 2012 6:45am 

MANHATTAN — Some good news for Lindsay Lohan — the troubled starlet won’t face charges for her latest driving mishap.

Prosecutors on Monday declined to charge Lohan for allegedly hitting a pedestrian with her Porsche SUV last month in the Meatpacking District and driving off, prosecutors said.

Lohan was accused of clipping Jose Rodriguez, 34, with the vehicle outside the Dream Downtown Hotel.

She had been slated to appear in court Tuesday for the minor accident after cops issued her a desk appearance ticket in September.

But according to sources, the surveillance video released by police last month clearly seems to exonerate the “Mean Girls” star.

Lohan’s alleged victim had claimed he confronted Lohan, 26, and that she "smelled like alcohol real bad" and was "slurring" her speech. Police had said they did not believe there was drinking or drugs involved.

Lohan’s publicist Steve Hong had described the incident as "much ado about nothing.”

“We are confident this matter will be cleared up in the coming weeks and the claims being made against Lindsay will be proven untrue,” he said last month.

Neighborhood Sponsors

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement