MIDTOWN — After 175 years, it's about time for a new outpost.
Delmonico's, the lower Manhattan steakhouse staple that opened in 1837, is coming to Midtown.
The restaurant, which claims to be the country's first fine-dining establishment, plans to open the new eatery at 207 W. 36th St. in November as part of its 175th anniversary celebration, according to a statement.
But just because it's old doesn't mean the restaurant is shying from the modern. The new location will use organic and local ingredients, and executive chef Billy Oliva plans to change up some of Delmonico's most popular signature dishes — adding modern flourishes to classics such as Lobster Newburg, Baked Alaska and, of course, the Delmonico Steak.
The new Midtown spot will also feature a modern look courtesy of architect Glen Coben, who's designed the inside of restaurants such as Brother Jimmy's and Chelsea's Old Homestead steakhouse.
Delmonico's current location at 56 Beaver St. opened in 1837, but was not the first to bear the Delmonico's name. A location at 23 William St. originally opened in 1827, run by the famous Delmonico family, but closed after an 1835 fire.
The family eventually built 10 more locations after gaining popularity, but fortunes eventually waned and its last restaurant, in Midtown, closed in 1923. The brand spawned imitators using the Delmonico's name through the decades.
The lower Manhattan spot is the only one left in the city currently using the name.