MIDTOWN — The man who confessed to fatally shoving a subway rider into the path of a Q train in 2012 has been acquitted of all charges, the Manhattan District Attorney’s office said Monday.
Naeem Davis, 34, was found not guilty of murder in the second degree, manslaughter in the first and second degrees and criminally negligent homicide, the DA’s office said.
Davis, who had faced 25 years to life in prison on the murder charge, was acting in self-defense when he shoved 58-year-old Queens father Ki-Suck Han onto the tracks at the 49th Street and Seventh Avenue station in December 2012, his attorney Stephen Pokart argued earlier this month.
“[Davis] was simply trying to defuse this combustible situation not brought about by him, but [by] a man who was deranged and threatening,” Pokart told jurors, according to the Post.
A few days after the December 2012 incident, Davis told DNAinfo New York he hadn’t meant to push Han “that hard” and claimed the two had started fighting after Han grabbed him.
Friends and relatives of Han remembered him at a wake in Flushing held two days after his death.
Davis has been held without bail since his arraignment, the DA’s office said.
Pokart didn’t immediately respond to request for comment on Monday.