CORONA — Hundreds of pre-K seats are opening up throughout one of the city's most overcrowded school districts.
There will be 10 new pre-K centers throughout District 24, which covers parts of Corona, Elmhurst, Long Island City, Middle Village and Ridgewood, according to the Department of Education.
It's the most new seats in the city, officials said.
The second round of pre-K admissions began Monday, which allows parents to re-apply if their child didn't get into their first choice, officials said. Parents can get off of a waitlist and re-apply to schools in Round 2 if they pre-registered at another school.
If parents apply to more schools in Round 2, it also won't impact their acceptance in Round 1 schools, officials said.
► In District 24, seats are open at the following schools and sites:
- 126 seats at the Mosaic Pre-K Center, IS 311, 97-36 43rd Ave., Corona
- 80 seats at Corona Friends, 103-24 Roosevelt Ave., Corona
- 54 seats at GRYC Little Stars, 776 Fairview Ave., Ridgewood
- 40 seats at St. Leo's, 104-19 49th Ave., Corona
- 36 seats at the Mosaic Pre-K Center, 106-02 Northern Blvd., Corona
- 36 seats at St. Adalbert's, 52-17 83rd St., Elmurst
- 36 seats at Kidz of America, 41-09 National St., Elmhurst
- 36 seats at Resurrection Ascension, 85-25 61st Rd., Middle Village
- 36 seats at Sacred Heart, 84-05 78th Ave., Glendale
- 20 seats at Johnson's Academy, 99-04 57th Ave., Corona