MANHATTAN — A graphic video showing a group of bikers dragging a man from his SUV and beating him after a wild chase on the West Side Highway was revealed during the trial of two men charged in the attack, along with a series of frantic 911 calls made by the victim’s wife.
The SUV's driver, Alexian Lien, and his wife, Rosalyn Ng, reportedly testified in court this week that they feared for their lives during the ordeal, which was sparked by a confrontation between the bikers and Lien as he drove with his wife and their 2-year-old daughter on the West Side Highway on September 29, 2013.
Lien rear-ended one of the bikers when a motorcycle slowed down in front of him on the highway, leading some of the other motorcyclists to attack the SUV, according to police and video of the incident.
Lien then fled, plowing into three motorcyclists and running over one who was paralyzed as a result.
Dozens of bikers chased Lien until he stopped in traffic on West 178th Street near St. Nicholas Avenue. There, the bikers smashed the SUV's windows and pulled Lien from the car, stomping on him and beating him with their fists and helmets, the new video shows.
Lien was slashed in the face before some passersby intervened.
The video also shows Ng trying to move into the front seat of the vehicle.
A series of increasingly frantic 911 calls placed by Ng were submitted by the DA as evidence in the trial.
In one of the tapes, Lien can be heard in the background repeatedly begging for help.
“Please help. 178th Street. Please help,” he says, according to the recording.
In another, Ng screams as the bikers can be heard attacking the car.
“Please stop it. We have a baby in the car,” she says over and over again.
The DA charged Wojciech Braszczok, a 34-year-old undercover police officer, and Robert Sims, 36, with assault and other crimes in the case.
Sims is accused of taking part in the beating, while Braszczok, an NYPD detective who was off duty at the time, is accused of the attack and smashing the SUV’s rear windshield.
Both men face up to 25 years in prison if convicted of the top charges, the DA said.
Nine other people were also indicted in the attack. They previously pleaded guilty to charges including assault and riot facing sentences of up to two years in prison.
The trial is set to resume Thursday, the DA said.