The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

De Blasio Promises to Find Menachem Stark's Abductors

By Jess Wisloski | January 12, 2014 7:47pm
 Police believe that real estate investor Menachem "Max" Stark was kidnapped by two men Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014 in front of his Williamsburg office.
Menachem Stark
View Full Caption

WILLIAMSBURG — Finding justice for the Brooklyn landlord and father of seven who was kidnapped and killed last week was a priority of the new mayor and NYPD, Mayor Bill de Blasio declared in a radio interview Saturday.

Speaking to host Leon Goldenberg on an Orthodox-interest radio show called Community Matter, de Blasio decried negative press that criticized Menachem Stark, 39, a real estate developer, after he was kidnapped outside his Brooklyn offices Thursday night and whose body was found in a Long Island dumpster on  January 4.

Promising that the Hasidic landlord would not be treated as any less of a priority because of his religion, de Blasio said he felt terrible for the family, and vowed the city was committed to seeing justice served.

"It’s a tragedy what happened to Mr. Stark. My heart goes out for the family and they are in my thoughts and prayers," de Blasio said on the show, as reported in Yeshiva World

"I know that for many people in the Jewish community this was a very painful moment and I want I say: We are going to get to the bottom of it. We will find who did this to him and who robbed children of a father and a wife of a husband. And we are going to be very, very focused," he said. 

"The NYPD are making this a high priority, to solve this once and for all."

The community and elected officials last week offered a $25,000 reward for help leading to the arrest of Stark's killers.