A manhole fire cause a carbon monoxide leak that evacuated to Trutle Bay buildings Monday Dec. 16, 2013, FDNY said.
View Full Caption
MANHATTAN — The Sutton Place Synagogue and the Consulate of Singapore were evacuated after a nearby manhole fire caused a dangerous gas leak in their respective buildings Monday, FDNY sources said.
Firefighters responded to the call at 225 and 231 East 51st St. about 1 p.m. Both buildings were evacuated after firefighters recorded dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide.
No one was injured, fire officials said.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Calls to the consulate and the synagogue were not immediately returned.