The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Police Investigating Video of Alleged Anti-Gay Slurs and Assault on F Train

By Mathew Katz | July 3, 2013 4:25pm | Updated on July 6, 2013 11:42am
Video Shows Alleged Anti-Gay Harassment on F Train
View Full Caption
YouTube/Stopp Hating

JACKSON HEIGHTS — The NYPD's Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating an incident of alleged anti-gay harrasment seen in a video that went viral on Wednesday, police said.

Three days later, police added assault charges to their investigation for the videographer, a woman who taped the angry outbursts of the suspects from her phone and was allegedly attacked by one of the men when he saw her taping.

The video, posted to YouTube and Reddit, shows two men yelling at a group of LGBT youths on their way home from Pride celebrations on the Queens-bound F train at about 11:45 p.m. on June 30.

In the video, one of the men gets into a heated argument with a woman who identifies herself as LGBT, shouting a homophobic slur. The second man appears to place his hand on the neck of the woman.

"You f--- with us, man, and you're going to get more than f---ed in the a--," one the men shouts in the video.

“I’ll kill you,” the man later shouted.

The woman who identified herself as the videographer — but who declined to give her name — said she reported the incident to police in Queens, who told her that it would be treated as harassment, which is only a violation and does not lead to jail time. They said they did not need the video as evidence, she claimed.

Although a spokesman for the NYPD said the Hate Crimes Task Force was looking into the incident, the woman said that cops from the had not contacted her as of Wednesday afternoon.

The video of the incident exploded across social media, garnering nearly 100,000 views by 3 p.m. on Wednesday.

The New York City Anti-Violence Project posted a message on their Facebook page denouncing the incident, calling it "disturbing to watch."

In the video, one of the men appears to grab the woman filming the incident and take her phone. The woman said she was left with bruises and scratches after the incident.

The videographer said she was on her way home from Pride festivities in Manhattan and began filming when she heard the pair violently threaten the young men.