PARK SLOPE — This thief will have to face the music, but not the kind he thought he would.
A 28-year-old Brooklyn resident was arrested March 25 after he allegedly swiped a $1,600 black Stingray guitar from the Guitar Center store at the Atlantic Center mall on Flatbush and Atlantic avenues, police said.
The man was spotted on video surveillance leaving the Guitar Center on March 24 after putting the instrument in his bag, police said.
Other notable crimes in this week's blotter at the 78th Precinct included the following, with details from police reports:
• Two young men had their belongings stolen as they played basketball on Bergen Street between Sixth and Carlton avenues on March 27. The hoops players, 18 and 20, left their valuables by a fence while they shot baskets. A thief snatched a wallet, cash, Visa credit cards, phone, keys, watch, backpack, pants and sweatshirt.
• A burglar struck a first-floor apartment on St. Mark's Place between Fourth and Fifth avenues on March 29 and stole a Sony PS3 Playstation, two 28-inch gold chains, an HP laptop computer, a Sony mini camera and a cup filled with $15.00 in coins.
• A crook with vintage taste snatched a 1970 yellow Honda moped valued at $5,000 from the corner of Degraw Street and Third Avenue about 8 p.m. on March 23.
• A 37-year-old woman had her $1,500 Cannondale bike stolen from in front of a building on 12th Street between Seventh and Eighth avenues on March 25.
• A 32-year-old woman had her $1,099 Bianchi Pista Via Brera bike stolen after she left it unlocked on Warren Street between Fourth and Fifth avenues on March 23.