By Victoria Bekiempis and Paul DeBenedetto, DNAinfo.com Staff
A man also suffered a heart attack and was rushed to a nearby hospital along with the court officer, according to emergency responders.
It was not immediately known if the heart attack was due to the fumes at the Bronx Hall of Justice, which opened in 2007.
Two other people were hospitalized and 26 others were treated at the courthouse throughout the day, emergency workers said.
A spokeswoman for the Office of Court Administration said the work was stopped and the building was ventilated after people began to get sick.
Some criminal and family court cases had to be relocated, she said.