By Maya Shwayder and Leslie Albrecht
UPPER WEST SIDE — A fire broke out Friday afternoon in actor Robert DeNiro's Central Park West apartment.
The fourth-floor fire was reported at 2:02 p.m. at 88 Central Park West, near West 69th Street, the FDNY said.
The Academy Award-winning actor purchased the apartment in 2006, public records show. Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick came close to buying a $25 million penthouse in the building in 2011, and the fancy highrise has also been home to Sting and Billy Joel.
No injuries were reported, and the fire was under control at 2:56 p.m., the FDNY said.
The fire was sparked by a malfunctioning clothes dryer, and damaged three or four rooms in the apartment, as well "a few" apartments on the floor above, said Battalion Chief Mike Meyers.
A three-bedroom apartment in the building, known as the Brentmore, is currently on the market for $9.9 million.