THE BRONX — A kitchen fire in a Parkchester high-rise building left one person injured Monday afternoon, fire officials said.
The blaze broke out about 12:30 p.m. in a 10th-floor apartment at 1575 Odell St., an FDNY spokesman said.
One person was hurt, officials said, though it was unclear what injuries the victim sustained.
Paramedics rushed the victim to Montefiore Medical Center in serious condition, the FDNY spokesman said.
There were no other reported injuries.
Firefighters put out the blaze in just over 30 minutes, officials said.
The cause was not immediately known.