Philip Seymour Hoffman Died of Accidental Overdose, Medical Examiner Says
WEST VILLAGE — Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died of a lethal cocktail of cocaine, heroin, sedatives and amphetamines, the city Medical Examiner said.
Hoffman was found dead in his Bethune Street apartment on Feb. 2 with a syringe sticking out of his arm, police said. There were 49 bags of heroin in his apartment, according to the NYPD.
The city Medical Examiner ruled Friday that the "Capote" actor had overdosed on heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines — a muscle relaxer — and amphetamine. The ME said the death was accidental.