New Man Sought in Teen Stabbing After Alleged Gang Member Freed, Cops Say
NEW YORK CITY — Cops are seeking a new person of interest in last week's stabbing of a Woodhaven teen after they cleared an alleged Latin Kings member following hours of questioning Monday, an NYPD spokesman said.
Police released photos Monday night of a man who they believe may be linked to the late-night stabbing of Natasha Martinez, 17, an attack on July 29 that left her critically wounded.
Natasha had returned to her 85th Street home after working the night-shift at a nearby McDonald's when a man in a hoodie approached from behind and stabbed her 11 times.
Natasha was rushed to Jamaica Hospital.
Cops recovered a bloody 6-inch blade at the scene.
Investigators questioned the alleged Latin Kings gang member Monday, sources said. The so-called person of interest, whom police identified from surveillance footage released by cops shortly after the stabbing, was cleared Monday night.
The man, whose identity was not released, was not charged, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).