Death of Former Editor in Cobble Hill Ruled Accidental, Officials Say

By Nikhita Venugopal on May 14, 2013 4:42pm 

 An officer watches the intersection of Clinton St. near Sackett St. in Brooklyn where Elizabeth Borst was found with a head wound on Feb. 22, 2013.
An officer watches the intersection of Clinton St. near Sackett St. in Brooklyn where Elizabeth Borst was found with a head wound on Feb. 22, 2013.
View Full Caption
DNAinfo/Paul Lomax

COBBLE HILL — The death of a former New York Post editor, who was found unconscious with massive head wounds last February, was ruled to be accidental, according to the Medical Examiner’s office.

Elizabeth Borst, 55, died from blunt force trauma to the head and chest that was the result of an accidental fall, the ME determined May 8.

She was discovered bleeding but alive on the kitchen floor of the Clinton Street brownstone that she shared with her husband on Feb. 22, cops said at the time.

Borst, who worked for the Post's Letters to the Editors page, was rushed to Long Island College Hospital, where she died five hours later, authorities said.

Soon after her death, police questioned Borst’s husband, Gaetano Lisco, who cleaned up the scene before police arrived and was uncooperative during conversations with investigators, police sources told DNAinfo New York at the time.

Lisco told reporters in February that his wife had been on Plavix, a blood thinner. Borst may have had drug and alcohol problems, police sources said.

Neighbors had said Borst was a fun-loving person who loved her three cats, but rarely left her apartment.

Neighborhood Sponsors

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement